According to research by the National Center for Biotechnology Information of the National Library of Medicine, the average attention span in the year 2000 was 12 seconds. By 2015, it has shrunk to 8.25.
Are you still with me? Please, take your nose out of your smartphone for just a moment more…
We often joke about how electronic devices and instant internet gratification have shortened our attention spans to that of small furry mammals, but what the above statistic shows is that this is no joke at all. We are increasingly logging in to our social media accounts and then forgetting what it was we were going to do there and instead watching a video of a teenager in Wisconsin's dramatic backyard do a face-plant or a kitten in Australia do a yoga routine.
It's not easy to stay focused, and if you aren't laser-clear on your TOP BIG PRIORITY for each day, it's easy to get sidetracked each and every day.
And when you're sidetracked day after day after day at the end of a month or a year (like right now) you all of a sudden realize you lost the day, lost the week, lost the month and eventually lost the year.
Does any of this feel familiar to you?
Is your time flying away because you aren't focused, clear and totally laser focused on a clear goal?
If so . . . what has to change to make today, tomorrow, this week, this month and make this year a totally productive year (and hit your BIG GOAL for the year?)
Meet Your Instructor
Hi there and welcome!
I created Courses That Change Lives and other resources that change lives to help people change the way they look at themselves and things around them so they can start to truly be, do and have the things they desire in life. The team and I are here to serve you and help you do that by encouraging you to deliberately challenge the status quo in your life.
If you're ready to do that, we're here to help you!
CHARITY: Giving Back
Courses That Change Lives supports charity: water
a non-profit organization in bringing clean and safe drinking water
to people in developing nations.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this course, you'll:
- Identify common distractions and what specific ones put drains on your attention span
- Discover which distractions are particularly damaging to your focus at work
- Uncover a wealth of tips, techniques and habits that can help you improve your focus and control your distractions
- Gain time management skills to help you take control of your time and keep distractions at bay
- Be exposed to a list of exercises you can perform immediately to help you regain, maintain and optimize your focus and concentration
- Create an action plan that you can use right away to improve focus and concentration
You can use the techniques you learn in this course to boost your productivity in your professional life, or simply get more enjoyment out of your personal life. By the end, you'll have a whole arsenal
Get started now by clicking the button below to enroll and get started.